The Wilmington Selectboard has cancelled their meeting on March 2, 2021. They will hold a special meeting on Tuesday, March 9, 2021 at 6 pm via zoom. The agenda and zoom information will be posted at http://wilmingtonvermont.us/documents/agendas/ on March 5th.
The Wilmington Selectboard will hold a public hearing on amendments to Article IV and VIII of the Zoning Ordinance Tuesday, March 16, 2021 6:00 p.m. via Zoom, with their regularly scheduled meeting following.
The proposed Articles to amend the Zoning Ordinance are to address Zoning Administration in the town of Wilmington, Vermont including:
– Section 400 Zoning Overlays add VDRD = Village Design Review District (Article V)
– Section 822 (B) Banners and Posters
– Section 822 (L) Window Display
– Section 823 Add (K) Window Signs
– Section 831
– Section 822 (B) delete first sentence and replace with “A business is allowed one exterior Banner or Poster exclusive of window area.”
– Section 822 (L) Delete Window Display
– Section 823 Add (K) Window Signs: any number of signs (as defined in Article X) may be displayed in or on windows, provided that no more than 30% of the total window area per establishment, on the side of the building where such signs are located, is covered. 70% of the total window opening area per side per establishment must remain free and clear of window signage. The total signage area pertains to both permanent signs (such as stenciling and/or lettering affixed to or painted on the glass), and indoor non-permanent signs. Sign dimension is determined by the smallest rectangle that can be drawn over the perimeter of the signage. Window signs shall not be internally illuminated or require power. Indoor non-permanent signs are subject to Time Limitations as defined in Section 872.
– Section 831 correct “Appendix III to Article X”
The purpose of the proposed changes is to:
1. Enhance the collaborative process between property owners and the Zoning Administrator and Development Review Board.
2. Improve the understanding and simplicity of administration of the Wilmington Zoning Ordinance, in accordance with the duly adopted Town Plan.
3. To clarify processes and procedures.
4. To clarify the roles and responsibilities of town governing bodies
A full copy of the proposed Zoning Articles is available for public review and can be found in the Wilmington Town Office, Town Clerk’s Office, People’s Bank, C & S and on the website, http://wilmingtonvermont.us/documents/ordinances/.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 974 2947 7074
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdjxXSCD7F