2020 Beautification Committee Members (4 year terms)
Cheryl LaFlamme, Chair firstname.lastname@example.org
Anne Saracino, Vice Chair
Melanie Demock, Clerk
2020 Regular Meeting Schedule
The Wilmington Beautification Committee will hold regular meetings on the second and fourth Mondays at 8:00 am at the Wilmington Town Hall Meeting Room at 2 East Main Street, Wilmington.
March 2, 2016
Wilmington Beautification Committee
The Wilmington Selectboard to appoint a Wilmington Beautification Committee (WBC) to be made up of no more than 9 members.
Goals and Authority of WBC:
- To identify beautification opportunities within the entire Town of Wilmington.
- To solicit ideas from a wide variety of sources as to ways to achieve opportunities.
- To recommend to the Selectboard a proposed budget to be voted on at Town Meeting.
- To have the authority to spend up to 25% of its approved town budget without additional Selectboard approval.
- To work within its approved budget to implement beautification ideas with the interest of the whole town in mind.
- To bring to the Selectboard beautification ideas that goes beyond the budgetary parameters.
- To seek resources other than town tax revenue to help fund beautification efforts.
- To work with other towns and area committees to ensure there is an integrated and coordinated approach to town beautification and economic development.
The WBC members shall:
- Be appointed and any vacancy filled by the Selectboard, with volunteers being encouraged to apply for WBC positions. The term of each member shall be four years. Any appointment to fill a vacancy shall be for the unexpired term.
- Include the Town Manager as a non-voting member.
- Be a cross section of Wilmington residents/business owners/renters/and persons who work in Wilmington to endeavor to create a broad representation of views.
- Be removed at any time by vote of the Selectboard body, for reasons given to the member in writing, and after a public hearing on the issue if the member so requests.
- Adopt by majority vote of those present and voting such rules as it deems necessary and appropriate for the performance of its functions. The WBC shall annually elect a chairperson, vice chairperson, and clerk.
- Publicly post the times and places of its meetings. The WBC’s meetings shall be open to the public in accordance with the terms of the open meeting law.
- Keep a record of its transactions that shall be filed in the Town Administrative Office.
- Comply with ethical policies or ordinances as adopted by the town.
- Report at least quarterly to the Selectboard on its progress.
12-10-18 Amended Minutes
1-22-18 No quorum
12-11-17 No Quorum
10-23-17 No Quorum
4-10-17 No Quorum
10/24/16 No Quorum
Earlier minutes can be requested by submitting a PUBLIC RECORDS REQUEST FORM to the administrative office.