Zoning Administrator: Craig Ohlson
Phone: (802) 464-8591 ext 124
FAX: (802) 464-8477
Hours: MON – THUR: 8 AM to 4:30 PM
The Zoning Office is responsible for administering the permitting process including assisting the public with obtaining and filling out permit applications and answering any questions an applicant may have.
CONTACT THE ZONING OFFICE FOR:
· Permits for new construction, change of use, subdivisions and signs
· Assistance with completing the forms for municipal permits
· Assistance with the review process if Board approval is needed
· Information on individual properties and their permit status
· Contact information for other Municipal and State agencies
· Flood Hazard information
· Information about the Planning Commission and the Developmental Review Board
PERMITS ARE REQUIRED FOR:
-Any activity that involves construction, conversion, relocation or enlargement of a building, including dormers or a change in roof height.
-Construction or enlargement of decks, porches, pools, sheds or fences over 6 feet high.
-Addition of any temporary or permanent sign, including sandwichboard signs.
-Subdivisions and lot line adjustments
-Establishment of a new or additional Use.
PERMITS ARE NOT REQUIRED FOR:
-Maintenance of existing buildings
-Walls or fences under 6 feet in height