Request for Proposals
March 25, 2021
The Town of Wilmington is accepting proposals for treatment with Bituminous Concrete Pavement on the roads in the Town of Wilmington listed below. The pavement work is to be completed by September 30, 2021.
Please contact Sheldon Brassor, Road Supervisor at (464-5515) for questions or additional information.
Please submit a price per ton, per fiscal year, and deliver proposals no later than 8:30 am on April 14, 2021 to:
Jessica DeFrancesco, Administrative Assistant
2 East Main Street
PO Box 217
Wilmington, VT 05363
Town of Wilmington Vermont
2021 Proposed Paving and Specifications
South Main St Shafter St
680 ft by 26 ft 640 ft by 17 ft
2” Mill & fill type IV 2” Mill & fill Type IV
Mill St Shearer Hill Rd
325 ft x 20 ft: 8,000 ft by 21 ft
1 ½” Type IV overlay 1.5” Type IV overlay
Haskell Hill Rd Haystack Rd
1,150 ft x 21 ft 1,675 ft by 24 ft
1” type IV overlay 1.5” type IV overlay
Ray Hill Rd Higley Hill (contingent on grant approval)
3,750 ft by 22 ft 7,331 ft by 25 ft
1.5” type IV overlay 1.5” type IV shim, 1” type IV overlay
· Mill in all start and stop joints and bridge joints.
· Contractor shall supply flaggers and signage in accordance with MUTCD and State of Vermont regulations for traffic control.
· Contractor shall supply sweeper.
· Tack application rate of .03 gallon per square yard.
· Rubber tire roller to be used on shim coats
· All mixes meet PG 58-28.
o No more than 10% Rap
o Type II 5.6% Asphalt
o Type III 6.1% Asphalt
o Type IV 6.2% Asphalt
· Contractor shall supply the daily mix test results to the Town upon request
· The equipment used shall be subject to the approval of the Road Supervisor and maintained in satisfactory working condition at all times.
· Certificate of Liability Insurance in the minimum amount of $1,000,000 naming the Town of Wilmington as additional insured is required.
· A Certificate of Workers’ Compensation Insurance is required.
· Federal W-9 Form will be completed and returned to the Town, if applicable.
· The Town of Wilmington reserves the right to make the award of the bid as appears in the best interest of the Town and to reject any or all bids.