Job Title: Marketing Director
Employer: Bi-Town Marketing Committee
Location: Remote with geographical proximity of Wilmington/Dover, VT
Salary: Up to $50k based on experience
Job Type: Part-Time – One Year Contract
Submission Deadline: October 1st, 2021
Introduction and Background:
The Bi-Town Marketing Committee is a sub-committee of the Bi-Town Economic Development Committee. The Bi-Town Economic Development Committee is organized by the Towns of Wilmington and Dover with representation from the select boards, staff, community members, Mount Snow, Hermitage Club, Brattleboro Development Credit Corporation, and the Southern Vermont Deerfield Valley Chamber of Commerce. The purpose of the committee is to authentically promote the Deerfield Valley to summer and shoulder season visitors for increased economic viability. The Marketing Committee is in year one of a five-year strategic marketing plan which includes the recommendation to hire a Marketing Director to run our day-to-day operations and marketing initiatives. This position will be funded on a contract basis by the towns of Dover and Wilmington, VT.
Summary of Job:
The Bi-Town Marketing Director is responsible for building and stewarding the town of Dover & Wilmington’s (Bi-Towns) brand as well as directing all efforts involved in the content and creative aspects of making the brand come to life.
This person will be responsible for leading the implementation of the Bi-Town Strategic Marketing Plan including budgeting, creative content creation, website development, advertising, social media strategy, and performance tracking.
The Marketing Director will contract and direct third parties as needed in order to develop and publish the assets needed to fulfill the Bi-towns content and creative needs to establish the brand in the marketplace.
The position incorporates a critical set of responsibilities covering a wide range of creative asset development needed for brand assets in digital / video / print / web / social media / signage and various other executions.
The ideal candidate must have strong experience in brand development, with a strong background in creative and content creation and storytelling. Must be a good communicator that is able to effectively collaborate with various stakeholders and prioritize workflow as well as delegate and direct third party vendors, contractors and partners to fulfill all the creative asset needs of the towns
● Effectively budget for the Bi-Towns marketing needs based on the Strategic Marketing Plan and work with the Bi-Town Marketing committee to secure appropriate funding
● Develop brand strategy and evolution of the Bi-Town brand, as well as seasonal campaigns
● Work with the Southern Vermont Deerfield Valley Chamber of Commerce on creating and updating website content with an emphasis on drawing visitors to the Valley.
● Oversee development & implementation of an annual Creative and Content production plan for advertising and organic social media
● Direct and negotiate all creative agency relationships, as well as establish a resource network of content / creative vendors and contractors.
● Track performance metrics in order to optimize performance and communicate with stakeholders on analytics of creative performance
● Partner with the Bi-Town Marketing committee on various other elements of fulfilling overall marketing strategy
● Four-year college degree required. Emphasis in marketing, business and/or communications preferred
● Five years of marketing / content / creative work experience. Brand marketing experience is a must
● Excellent English language and writing / storytelling skills
● Excellent eye for creative design
● High degree of organization, attention to details and level of professional conduct. Self-starter, ambitious and multi-tasker
Resumes and cover letters can be sent by email or mail to:
Economic Development Director – Town of Dover
PO Box 428
West Dover, VT 05356
**All resume submissions must be received by end of day,
Friday, October 1st, 2021**
Questions: Eric Durocher (802)464-5100 x4 email@example.com