Request for Proposal – the Town of Wilmington Vermont
Town of Wilmington requests bids for the purchasing, planting and maintenance of the Route 9 Town Beautification flower program for the summer of 2018.
The Town of Wilmington maintains a beautification program that includes planters boxes/hangers on and around the Town Hall building, the bridges east and west of the town center, approximately 50 whiskey barrels, and flowers on three of the Town’s Welcome Signs at the east, west and north entrances to Wilmington. Approved contractor will work with the Town Manager and Beautification Committee in designing the appropriate types of flowers and colors.
Bid is to include:
– Flowers minimum 4” plants and planting media – Include the genus and species of the plants and other planting materials.
– Planting the flowers in the barrels and window boxes.
– Explanation of the type of ongoing maintenance you would provide for the planted flowers.
– Planting to commence Memorial Day and end Columbus Weekend if weather appropriate.
– Cleaning up the flowers at the end of the summer season.
– Total cost for all work.
– Town of Wilmington will place and pickup barrels.
– Town of Wilmington will be responsible for placement and pickup of barrels.
Wilmington reserves the right to reject any and all bids if it is in the Town’s best interest to do so.
Insurance Requirements Upon Contract Approval:
Certificate of Liability Insurance in the minimum amount of $1,000,000 and either a Certificate of Workers’ Compensation Insurance OR a waiver form (hold harmless agreement) is required. The certificate should name the Town of Wilmington as an additional insured for the work the contractor will be doing. Federal W-9 Form will be completed and returned to Town, if applicable.
Please submit your proposal on or before 4 p.m. on Friday, March 2, 2018 to:
Via mail: Scott Tucker, Wilmington Town Manager, P.O. Box 217, Wilmington, VT 05363, OR
Delivered to: Town Manager’s Office, 2 East Main Street, 2nd Floor, OR Faxed to (802) 464-8477.
For answers to questions please contact Jessica DeFrancesco, Administrative Assistant at 464-8591 or by email, email@example.com.