Request for Qualifications for Flood Proofing 179 VT Route 100 North
The Town of Wilmington received a grant award from the Vermont Department of Public Safety through the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program to floodproof 179 VT Route 100 North in Wilmington, VT.
Activity to be Performed:
The project consists of floodproofing 179 Vermont Route 100 North, which houses a bowling alley and restaurant on the ground floor, and a dwelling unit on the second floor. Floodproofing will be accomplished in accordance with NFIP Technical Bulletin 3-93 Non-Residential Floodproofing – Requirements and Certification for Buildings Located in Special Flood Hazard Areas in accordance with the National Flood Insurance Program. The regulatory Base Flood Elevation (BFE) is 1524.6 ft.; the goal of the exterior floodproofing treatments is to provide 4 ft. of protection above the finished floor elevation which is current only at 1521.8 ft.
Scope of Work:
1) Provide membrane and new siding for the perimeter of the building up to 4 feet high
2) Raise the window sills of the 2 remaining windows below 4 feet.
3) Provide 12 to 14, 4-inch hydro static relief valves in the sub floor.
4) Provide a drainage plane for inundation water below the bowling lanes.
5) Provide 48inch high flood gates at all door openings.
6) Provide reinforced concrete, cast-in-place frost depth foundation wall extended to 4 feet above first floor in front of the 2×4 wall and flash it into the wall.
7) Provide metal stud wall inside of the CMU wall with adequate connections at the top and bottom.
8) Provide 3 to 4 water tight pits with submersible sump pumps capable of pumping 200 gallons per minute in total. Discharge outside above flood height.
9) Provide standby generator and fuel protected from flooding.
The Town of Wilmington is requesting bid proposals from qualified contractors that have performed flood mitigation projects similar to the above. Work must be completed by the Non-Residential Floodproofing Requirements and Certification by the National Flood Insurance Program.
Design plans are attached as well as the Technical Bulletin of the Non-Residential Floodproofing Requirements and Certification by the National Flood Insurance Program.
Please submit your RFQ to: Town of Wilmington
P.O. Box 217
2 East Main Street
Wilmington, VT 05363
Attn: Gretchen Havreluk
For Questions Contact: Gretchen Havreluk at (802) 464-8571 ext 117 or by email at email@example.com
RFQ’s are due on April 24th,2017 at 4 pm.
Wilmington reserves the right to reject any and all bids if it is in the Town’s best interest to do so.
Insurance Requirements Upon Contract Approval:
Certificate of Liability Insurance in the minimum amount of $1,000,000 and either a Certificate of Workers’ Compensation Insurance OR a waiver form (hold harmless agreement) is required. The certificate should name the Town of Wilmington as an additional insured for the work the contractor will be doing. Federal W-9 Form will be completed and returned to Town, if applicable.