Town of Wilmington requests bids for the purchasing, planting and maintenance of the Town Beautification flower program.
The Town of Wilmington maintains a beautification program that includes planters boxes/hangers on and around the Town Hall building, the bridges east and west of the town center, approximately 50 whiskey barrels, and flowers on two of the Town’s Welcome Signs at the east and west entrances to Wilmington. Approved contractor will work with the Town Manager in designing the appropriate types of flowers and colors.
Bid is to include:
– Flowers and planting media – Include the genus and species of the plants and other planting materials.
– Planting the flowers in the barrels and window boxes.
– Explanation of the type of ongoing maintenance you would provide to the planted flowers.
– Number of weeks you would expect to maintain the flowers.
– Cleaning up the flowers at the end of the summer season.
– What help, if any, would you expect from the Town regarding the placing and planting of all flower planters.
– Total cost for all work.
Wilmington reserves the right to reject any and all bids if it is in the Town’s best interest to do so.
Insurance Requirements Upon Contract Approval:
Certificate of Liability Insurance in the minimum amount of $1,000,000 and either a Certificate of Workers’ Compensation Insurance OR a waiver form (hold harmless agreement) is required. The certificate should name the Town of Wilmington as an additional insured for the work the contractor will be doing. Federal W-9 Form will be completed and returned to Town, if applicable.
Please submit your proposal on or before 4 p.m. on Friday, February 24, 2017 to:
Via mail: Scott Murphy, Wilmington Town Manager, P.O. Box 217, Wilmington, VT 05363, OR
Delivered to: Town Manager’s Office, 2 East Main Street, 2nd Floor, OR Faxed to (802) 464-8477.
For answers to questions please contact Scott Murphy, Town Manager at 464-8591 or by email, email@example.com.