NOTICE OF HEARING
TOWN OF WILMINGTON SELECTBOARD
Pursuant to 24 V.S.A. Chapter 117, § 4444, notice is hereby given by the Selectboard of the Town of Wilmington, Vermont, that a Public Hearing will be held in the Wilmington Town Hall meeting room on Thursday, October 30, 2014 at 6:00 PM.
Statement of Purpose: This is a public hearing on the proposed completion of revisions to the Zoning Ordinance for the Town of Wilmington, VT.
The purpose of Article IV – Signs is to fully replace the existing Wilmington Sign Ordinance and the Historic Review District sign provisions with a single Article that will apply in all Districts. The revised Article IV – Signs better supports the goals and objectives of the Wilmington Town Plan.
The purpose of changes to Article V – Administration is to guide the administration of the Wilmington Zoning Ordinance, in accordance with the duly adopted Town Plan. The revised Article V – Administration improves the ability of Zoning Ordinance administrators to exercise discretion in the granting of waivers, to improve understanding of Appeal processes and procedures, to implement a schedule of penalties and enforcement procedures, and to better support the goals and objectives of the Wilmington Town Plan.
The purpose of Appendix I – Definitions is to provide definitions in support of the zoning articles. The revised Appendix I – Definitions supports both Article IV and Article V in meeting their respective Town Plan objectives by providing clarifying definitions.
Description of the Area Covered: The proposed changes cover the entire town of Wilmington, Vermont.
List of Proposed Amendments to be approved and adopted:
- Article IV – Signs
- Article V – Administration
- Appendix I – Definitions
List of Proposed Ordinance/Sections to be repealed:
- Repeal of the existing Sign Ordinance that became first effective November 1, 1999 and was last revised and adopted July 18, 2011
- Repeal of Section 620 (C), (D), (E), and (F) and Section 630 (F) of Article VI, Historic Review District, Wilmington Zoning Ordinance
- Dissolve the roles of Sign Administrator and Sign Board of Adjustment
These Articles are presented for adoption to supplement the following current, already revised and approved, Articles:
- Article I – Enactment and Purpose
- Article II – Districts
- Article III – Standards and Procedures
- Article VI – Historic Review District
- Article VII – Telecommunications
- Article VIII – Flood Hazard Regulations
Where the proposed Articles may be examined: Copies of the document are available for public review at the Wilmington Town Offices and are posted below.